5 Homestead Stocking Stuffers for Under $20
1. Huberd’s Shoe Grease: I have been using Huberd’s Shoe Grease for years. The great thing about it is that it BOTH conditions your leather boots and waterproofs them. A single can will last me several months. I can’t say enough great things about this product. I work as a ranch hand in Washington State, which is known for its rain and horses need to be fed every day. Even though I have to spend all day on my feet tromping though mud and snow, I never have wet feet thanks to Huberds.(Click Here to see/buy)
2. Otter wax: Waxing clothing might sound weird, but it works. People have been waxing clothing for decades and it used to be extremely common for outdoorsman. Applying wax to your clothing (jeans and such) waterproofs them. I have used several waxes in the past, but my favorite has long been Otter Wax. It will darken the color of your clothing, but it works great.(Click Here to see/buy)
3. Opinel Number 8: I first found out about Opinel pocket knives about 10 years ago on a trip to Europe. I had never seen them before in the U.S., but they were all over the place in Europe. Every outdoor store and gift shop was packed with them. I instantly fell in love with them and brought a bunch home.
Since that time the Opinel has exploded in popularity in the U.S. It is widely used by ushcrafters, hunters, fisherman, farmers, and ranchers. The great thing about them is that they are incredibly easy to sharpen. They also have a simplistically beautiful design. I have had mine for over 2 years and carry it every day on the ranch. It remains in great working condition despite the fact that it have been heavily used and abused.(Click Here to see/buy)
4. Hops gun cleaning kit: Hopes has long been the most popular brand for gun cleaning supplies. They make everything from lubricant and solvents to patches, and rods. Everything your need to clean and maintain your firearms. It’s the only gun cleaning product that I have ever used or have ever needed.(Click Here to see/buy)
5. Sharpening Stone: Little else is more frustrating than using a dull knife, axe, or any other edged tool. You don’t have to pay a lot for a quality sharpening stone and they are something that will be used and used often.(Click Here to see/buy)